Thursday, January 8, 2015

Sure cure for the winter blues: curl up and drink the 2010 Castello di Verrazzano Chianti Classico

2010 Castello di Verrazzano Chianti Classico

I thought I had been forever sick of Chianti after my Chianti binge some 1 year ago, but I guess I just never tasted the right one.The Verrazzano Chianti is a classic Chianti but without domination by the savory cured-meat taste that characterizes many Chiantis I've attempted recently. This Chianti is sophisticated, velvety on the palate, and harmonic. Perfect for those staying-in freezing winter nights :o)

Nose:  immediate notes of cedar, caramel, warm vanilla, lavender honey, and date. Fruit flavors of strawberry and black cherry comes through after the wine opens up with some aeration.

Tongue: spicy and mouth-filling. Medium bodied with a velvety texture. Flavors of warm ceder, hikory, coriander, cardamom and salted sticky toffee. Acidic finish.

Price: $18

Rating: 4.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment