Sunday, September 5, 2010

Olivier Leflaive Chablis Les Deux Rives 2007

I caught this Chablis in an online deal - only $14.95 and free shipping on four bottles! It was a god given opportunity to stock up on Chablis (I rarely see one under $20). The Chablis region of France has always given me trusty dry minerally whites, so I was not too worried about getting four bottles of a wine I have never tasted. Besides, it was given a whopping 90pts by Wine Spectator.

The Olivier Leflaive did not disappoint. It was clean, crisp, and refreshing. As a plus, it also has a cool high-tech rubber cork which seals the air in the bottle when used as a stopper (who said rubber corks were crap?) 

Perfect for sipping on a hot summer day. It would also go superb with something light, such as a caprese salad, sashimi, or creamy goat cheese. I am looking forward to slowly savoring my other three bottles of this Chablis :)

Nose: sweet amd refreshing, with delicate whiffs of honeysuckle, melon, honeydew

Tongue: notes of lemon and lime. Citrisy, with a nice acidity (might be slightly too acidic for some I think, but I tend to like more sour things), mouth-watering tartness, nice medium tannins, clean minerality. Spritzy, and dry. Best of all, it has none of the bitterness and heavy oakiness of California Chardonnays :D

Price: $14.95

Rating: 4.7/5 Love it!

3 comments:

  1. I saw the link in lj, so here I am, yay. Nice review style! I don't really know much about wine, but even I can understand 'tastes like rotting meat' :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL so when was the last time you tasted rotten meat? XP

    And where did you get this online deal btw?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got it at empirewines.com. They have a different 4-for-free shipping deal every week or so i think. They have very discount prices on all their wines actually. Worth checking out

    ReplyDelete