Thursday, September 9, 2010

A small glass of heaven: Coturri Sandocino

I cannot stop goshing about this wine. It is just about THE best vino I have ever had! (I just got my second bottle, which is rarely done since I usually would rather try more new wines)
Recently, all the reds I have tasted were mediocre at best, so I was worried that my tastebuds might have gone awry. Hence I brought the Sandocino in for a calibration test. If even this one fails to impress me, then I am going to give up wine tasting, period.
Luckily, I did not have to give up wine. The Coturri Sandocino tasted better than ever after all those mediocre reds.

...I could chug the whole bottle right now.

...on a 2nd thought, chugging a whole bottle of the 14.5% alcohol content wine is probably a bad idea - it is not quite Friday yet.

*sigh* I guess I will have to practice some self control....

Nose: rich, deep, velvety, and layered aromas. Strong notes of dark chocolate, roasted hazelnuts, and coffee

Tongue: rich, bold, creamy, and full-bodied, with velvety tannins that wraps around your tongue (mmmm!). Very balanced, juicy. At first spicy, cinnamon-y, juicy, and fruit-foward, with an earthy coffee-flavored finish.

Price: $20! (or...priceless)

Rating: 4.9/5 (I am reserving my score of 5 until I have tasted the rainbow)



and what are you doing just sitting there?! Go get your Coturri Sandocino!

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds so good, sadly it isn't carried by my local inebriant emporium. :(

    ReplyDelete